Sunday, June 7, 2009





Well, it's 4:52 am and I'm wide awake, so I thought I'd post my latest layout. It's simple and grid-based (big surprise, I know), and all about the photos! The kids got Toys R Us gift cards for Christmas from various relatives, and since we have plenty enough toys, Gil and I decided to use the credit for a water slide. We set it up for the first time on Mother's Day, and the kids had a blast! Even though the water was freezing, they played for hours. It was such a nice, relaxing day and exactly what I was hoping for. Oh, I dug deep into my stash for the acrylic KI letters. I attached them to my layout using KI's adhesive made for acrylic, but you can still see the glue through the letters. Crap-a-doody!

Has anyone seen the newest issue of Creating Keepsakes (July)? There was an article about how to make flower accents out of tissue paper cut into circles and sprayed with glimmer mist. Well, ya know me, I had to give it a try! I made mine a little differently than the article instructed - I'm not much of a rule-follower that way. I cut my circles into two different sizes - don't even bother to try circle punches, unless you enjoy a big mess - stapled them in the center, balled them up, flattened them out and sprayed them with different colors of glimmer mist. Once they were dry, I attached some Sassafrass pre-sewn buttons to the centers. Cute! I'm sure I'll use these on a layout some time soon. :)

Have a great Sunday!

5 comments:

Heather Bares said...

love the layout and your little flowers look great!!! I am going to give them a try as well, such a cool technique!

Susan said...

Do you ever sleep? The layout is great. DId you make it through getting Line off to camp?

Anonymous said...

They SAY it's your birthday...

(Na na na na na na)

It's my birthday TOO

(Think the Beatles!)

xoxo

Cathy Z

Charlotte Cramer said...

Hey Jeanne!!! I saw those flowers too and want to try them!!! Yours are gorgeous!!!!! Happy Birthday Girl!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day!!!!

Melissa Fournet said...

j,
hey girl, glad to see you still scrapping and trying new things, now we know NOT to use punches!!! thanks for working out the kinks for us!! i am sure that you are staying busy with all of the little ones and their activities!!
have a great summer
ps did you have a great b-day--how old now???