Saturday, October 12, 2013

Christmas, Cleo, and Pokemon!

I've been in a Christmas-y mood lately. I guess that's because it's my favorite holiday, and let's face it, it will be here in less than 3 months. I started my shopping during the week, and spent some time in the studio working on a couple of Christmas projects.

I made this ornament with a picture of Jack from our summer beach vacation. He loves to boogie board and I love this picture of him, so it was an easy choice! I cut out the scalloped circles using my Silhouette Cameo. They're big - 6 inches across. I added coordinating circles of cardstock to the front and back, added bling to each scallop, then cut my photo into a circle using a Martha Stewart circle cutter. I put pop dots between all the layers, added some number Thickers, a little bit of journaling, tied it with gold cord, and called it done. I think it's sweet!



I also put together a page using pictures from last Christmas. While I am totally loving the 8.5x11 thing, I haven't quite figured out how to successfully get more than a couple of pictures on a page. I don't hate this layout, but it's not my favorite. I'll probably do something else for the other 3 layouts that I still need to make (1 for each kiddo). Anyhoo, you be the judge!




As you can see, I've rediscovered my Stickles. I'm not sure why I don't use them more often. They're so pretty and sparkly!

I just finished a page that I made for Caroline's album. In January, she adopted a puppy from our local shelter, and she absolutely loves this dog! Even though Caroline had a special name picked out for her new furry friend, she decided it would be less confusing for the dog if she would just keep the name "Cleopatra", which is what the shelter workers named her. I am really happy with this layout! I love the fun, happy colors, the big red heart, and the oversized photo. I couldn't wait to share this one with y'all!


Totally unrelated to scrapbooking, my little boys have been talking nonstop about the new Pokemon video game that came out today. They've been counting down the months, then weeks, then days until the release. Last night, Jack couldn't sleep. This morning, he and Matt woke me up before 8:00 (the store didn't open until 10) to be sure we'd get there right when it opened. Needless to say, we made it in PLENTY of time! The boys each got a copy, and have been in Pokemon heaven ever since. I'll leave you with a shot of their smiling, happy faces.


Until next time!

No comments: