Sunday, January 18, 2009



Hi there! It's 1:45 am, and I just finished this layout from Christmas morning. It was good to put together a layout from one of my own sketches, not from a class or as part of a project. I needed some creative freedom! It's pretty simple, just like I like! The photos are trimmed down to 3X3 (kind of - my trimmer wasn't terribly cooperative), and I created the scalloped border with a Fiskars border punch. The four hearts on the bottom right represent my four lil monkeys, of course! I might just use this sketch again, maybe rotated to the right or something. Anyway, I love Christmas morning so much! I always enjoy working with those photos year after year!

So I guess that most people have heard by now that Simple Scrapbooks is ceasing publication in the next few months. I am all depressed about it. According to Simple's website, a lot of the magazine's content will now be included in Creating Keepsakes, and Cathy Zielske and Stacy Julian will move over to CK. I'm so bummed about this!! Simple was a perfect fit for me. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll still get my Simple fix through CK.

I hope to post my layout for week 2 of Project 365 in the next day or two. Have a wonderful weekend! :)

3 comments:

Heather Bares said...

super cute page!!! And how about that sketch!!! WOW, those little people you draw are freaking adorable! It was great running into you the other day, we need to have lunch one day or something.

Heather Bares said...

Hey Jeanne, I left a little something for you on my blog

Wendy said...

Jeanne,
I also left you something at my blog.