Sunday, January 11, 2009

Today's Photo


I just had to share this photo! I am so blessed to still have one of my grandparents alive and well. This is my 94-year-old grandmother, Margaret Fournet Bienvenu, sitting behind the wheel of my brother-in-law's new convertible Mustang Cobra. MawMaw, as we've always called her, still has a great sense of humor, and is 100% "with it". We have lunch at her house in St. Martinville on Sundays, and she loves to see all the great-grandkids. Notice her earrings - she is always dressed up, hair done, makeup on. She loves to shop at Talbots. She is amazing, and we are so lucky to have her! This is my picture of the day for Sunday, January 11, 2009.
CORRECTION: My husband informs me that this car is not called a Cobra, it's a Shelby. Alrighty then!

7 comments:

Judi said...

Yes! How blessed you are to still have your MawMaw with you!! I love this picture - it brought a smile to my face.

Tina said...

Jeanne,

I love the pic of your grandmother. I recognize her from St. Martinville. MawMaw has cool wheels!

Heather Bares said...

that is an awesome picture!!!! Wow, she is one hot mawmaw

Anonymous said...

Sweet memories Jeanne. Great photo.

Charlotte Cramer said...

SHA!!!!!!! How cute is she!!!!! Love it Jeanne!!!

Clover said...

What a great picture!! Your MawMaw looks like she might be a firecracker!

Jenn said...

WHAT an adorable picture..I can't believe she's 94! She looks wonderful! This is a very special picture. Thanks for sharing!