Monday, August 23, 2010

Well, Hello There!

Hi! Can you believe I'm back with a new post already? I know, I'm surprised, too! The kids have been back in school for a week now, and I'm settling into my new routine, which includes (so far, at least) a bit more time for scrapbooking. Yay!

One thing that kept me busy last week was a banner project that I volunteered for. My two boys go to St. Edward School here in New Iberia, and there is a school mass every Friday morning. These masses are just beautiful! The kids sing and the music teacher plays her guitar. It is delightful! Anyway, the religion teacher usually makes the banner, but since I like that sort of thing, I offered to make the banner for this week's mass. The theme was "Be Prepared". Be prepared for school, be prepared to have Christ in your heart. Here is what I came up with!



I've been baking - and trying not to eat any of the results! I made these cupcakes to take to my Maw-Maw B's house last Sunday. They're lemon with lemon cream cheese icing. Anna is my kitchen helper, so I can't take all the credit!



I also made these brownies, but Caroline was the only one who liked the white chocolate on top.



So, being the wonderful mother that I am (big wink), I made another batch, this time with little gum paste hearts. These went over much better!



I even made a scrapbook layout about how much I love to bake!



On a note unrelated to cupcakes, brownies and/or cookies, Matthew is playing soccer for the first time this fall. He is such a little guy! I had to buy cleats that are two sizes too big because the cleat people don't make smaller ones. Here's a picture from practice on Saturday. Notice how big even the smallest shin guards are on him!


I took individual photos of the kids on their first day back to school. Jack's is so cute! He is such a sweet boy, and he loves his mommy! :)



I'm heading to New Orleans for an adults-only getaway with Gil on Friday. I plan to sleep, order room service, and sleep some more. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Tiffany Pellerin said...

i want to come over and test out your baking! i miss your faces! jackie is so cute in his first day picture... he looks grown up to me! kiss all your little angels from aunt tiffy tiff.
xoxo