Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tropical Storm Lee

It's actually starting to feel a bit like fall here in South Louisiana. The temperatures have dropped into the 50's for a few nights now, and the highs are only in the low 80's. For September, that's about as good as it gets. We had to suffer through Tropical Storm Lee to get here, but I think it was worth it!

Last Friday, before the weather got really nasty, I went to St. Edward School's weekly mass. As always, it was nothing short of amazing, with hundreds of smiling little faces and beautiful music. Jack was chosen to be a gift bearer, and he did a great job. He was very excited because not only was I in church that day, both of his grandparents (my parents) and his dad were there to support him. That afternoon, he told me, "I really appreciate Dad coming to my mass. I know it was hard for him to make it because he had to work today." What a sweet boy we have. We love our Jackie!



We had several days of rain, which caused the Bayou Teche to overflow its banks a bit. I took this picture of Gil's bloodhound, Bella, on Monday. By this time, the worst of the weather had passed. You can see that the bayou is really high - there are some elephant ears sticking up in the background on the left. Those are usually not underwater! Luckily, it didn't get any higher than this.



There wasn't much to do over the long, rainy weekend. We couldn't really get out, so I was left with no choice but to work on a few scrapbook pages. Our sweet kitty, Snowy, loves to hang out in my studio with me. She likes to sleep in my basket of paper scraps. Silly kitty!



I put this page together pretty quickly. I've been having these cute little stamp stickers for a while now, so it was time to make hay. It came out pretty cute. I like the bright colors!



Here is Jack's back to school page. He got a new, much shorter, haircut right before school started. I know it's a lot cooler, but I will miss his longer locks.



I've been looking at my Cricut cartridges with a new eye lately. I want to try to do more with them than I have in the past. The "Give a Hoot" cartridge has lots of adorable, earth-friendly images, and I love the little deer. It reminds me of a newborn baby, so small and fragile. That's Jack at 10 days old, having a bath. I love his wispy baby hair!



When we lived in New Orleans, we looked forward each spring to Earth Fest at Audubon Zoo. There was great food, live music, vendors selling beautiful art, and of course, lots of animals. Gil snapped this picture of Caroline and I, and it is one of my very favorites. My sweet little girl!



I hope that you enjoyed this share. I've got a couple of projects on my desk that I hope will be ready to post soon. Please come back and visit again!

No comments: