Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hey there! I've been working on a few projects lately, so the time has come for me to share them with you!

I love this layout! It's not my typical photo-heavy, embellishment-light type of page. I made it using my Cricut Expression and the Everyday Pop-Up Cards and Give a Hoot cartridges. I used lots of pop dots to create dimension on the clouds, the balloon, and the flowers along the bottom. I love the photos of my precious babies, too. They were all taken last spring, and I've been dying to use them on a layout.





This is the sketch that I worked from. I don't always make a sketch beforehand, but when I do, I find that the layout comes together much quicker than when I don't. Besides, they're really fun to draw!



Ah, the butterfly page! When I started putting this layout together, I thought that I'd add maybe a few butterflies around the photo with lots of white space left over. It just kind of evolved into a flurry of bright, beautiful butterflies. Turns out, I really like it! I punched the butterflies out of patterned paper scraps using Martha Stewart and Jenni Bowlin punches. I glued them down with a tiny dot of glue in the center of each, then popped the wings up. Cute, cute, cute! The whole butterfly theme originated with Caroline's dress. When she was 3 years old, she wore this dress all the time! I can remember ironing it and spraying a bit of starch on the butterflies to make them stand up. I think that of all the dresses she wore over the years, this one is my very favorite. :)



I love pinwheels. They remind me of spring and of cool, sunny days. I took these photos of Jackson in April, 2006, on just such a day. I cut out the pinwheel, grass and clouds using my Silhouette Cameo. I stitched the pinwheel's stick using baker's twine. I probably should have used a subtle patterned paper instead of the solid blue card stock, but I didn't want it to compete with the patterned paper that I used for the pinwheel.



And the sketch . . .



I don't know about you, but I LOVE Pinterest! I've gotten so many great ideas from browsing around all the different boards. A couple of weeks ago, I came across a large 3-D monogram that had been painted and covered with photos and used as wall art. I knew immediately that I wanted to do the same thing for Anna's room! I searched around our local arts & crafts stores, and found just what I was looking for at JoAnn's. I purchased all the letters I would need to spell out "Anna", and spray painted them black. Then I printed out lots of photos of Anna at all stages from birth to present in black and white. I'm in the process of trimming them to fit, and gluing them on. Here's a picture of the progress I've made so far. These are going to look great on the wall in her room! I'll share another picture when they're all done and hanging up.



We've been busy the last couple of months. In February, Anna was a junior maid in the St. Martinville Rotary Club Mardi Gras ball. She was beautiful! My mom spent countless hours making her gorgeous costume. Here's Anna right before her turn to walk.





Here's a shot of Anna and Mom after the entire court had been presented. There were beads and doubloons flying everywhere!



The 2012 college baseball season started up in February, and it turns out that I've got a house full of LSU fans. We've got season tickets - not the best seats, but better than none at all - and Gil and Caroline attend as many games as possible. Here is a picture of Caroline and her sweet friend Skylar with Brent Bonvillain, LSU's pitcher. After the games, the players are available for photos and autographs, which Caroline loves!



Like so many of you, I am participating in "Project Life". The idea is to take one photo each day to document the ordinary happenings in your life. Add a quick sentence or two about the picture, pop it into the album, and at the end of the year, you have a beautiful album highlighting 365 days of your life. It's simple and beautiful, and I love it! I'll be sharing the first 10 weeks of 2012 with you in my next post!



Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and visit with me! :)

No comments: