Monday, April 9, 2012

I'm published!

Many "serious" scrapbookers share a desire to see their work published in one of the various scrapbooking magazines on the market - Scrapbook Trends, Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbooks, Etc., Cricut Magazine, and the list goes on. In the last six or so months, I've been submitting a lot. Anything I create that seems trendy enough for the mags, I submit. Because my style is comparatively clean and simple, I have to work a bit at coming up with something that fits the current look. To increase my odds of publication, I've also submitted paper projects that aren't scrapbook pages - party/shower invitations, home dec projects, cupcake toppers . . . pretty much anything that I think might catch the eye of the editors. I recently submitted a few photos of some cupcake toppers that I made for the kids' Easter table at my sister's house. Here are the photos that I sent in.
From this submission, I got an email from an editor at Northridge Publishing (Trends, Create, Cricut, etc.) wanting me to recreate the project for publication. Well, sure, I can hook you up with that, Miss Nice Editor Lady! I put it together and sent it in, and lo and behold, lookie here! Here's the cover (not my project, by the way) -
and here are the two pages detailing my project!
Yes, it's a cupcake topper. No, it's not a layout. It's my first time being published, though, so I'll take it! I'm hoping that the link to my blog will create some new traffic, and perhaps some interest in my work. I know, I know, my scrapbooking ego is ridiculous! And there are SO many talented ladies out there who make my work look like doo-doo. I'll keep plugging away, and maybe one day soon, I'll be able to say that I've been published for a second time! :)

2 comments:

Aphra Bolyer said...

Yay yay!!! So happy for you, Jeanne!

Tina said...

Congrats! I always enjoy your work.