Thursday, July 26, 2012

American Girls

Wow, I'm really on a roll with my blog posts lately! Maybe the frequency of my last few posts will make up for the times when I went weeks (months - yikes!) without sharing anything new. What do y'all think? ;)

Because my new studio is so much smaller than the one at our previous house (I went from a 400 square foot space to a room about 1/6 the size), I've had to do a serious purge. I spent several hours last night paring down my patterned paper collection. Out with the old, as they say! As I looked over product from many, many manufacturers, it became more clear who my absolute favorites are.

At the top of my list are American Crafts and Pebbles, Inc. I love just about everything these guys come up with! Pebbles recently released a line called "Let Freedom Ring" - perfect for 4th of July! I instantly thought of a photo of the girls from when we lived in Metairie. Caroline was 5 and Anna was 2, and I was about half-way through my pregnancy with Jack. Anyway, the two went together perfectly!


I've seen lots of pages lately with this pie chart-style background. It's a great way to use several patterned papers at once, which is fabulous, since I like all of these so much!

Check out these little 3-D stars! Super-cute, right?



I had no idea how to make them, until I found this tutorial. They are quick, easy and adorable! What more could a scrappy girl like me ask for?

Hope you enjoyed this project, and thanks for stopping by for a visit!


No comments: