Saturday, August 11, 2012

Back to School

All four kiddos went back to school this week. It went really well, after a somewhat chaotic two weeks of shopping for uniforms (many of which required alteration), school shoes and school supplies.

Caroline is a 10th grader at Catholic High. I remember her first day of Pre-K like it was yesterday! Anyway, Caroline went back on Wednesday, and is the only kid out of the four who got a fancy sign to hold, which did not impress the others one bit.


My Anna-Banana is in 7th grade. *Sigh*


Jack started 4th grade at Catholic High - a new school, but luckily, many of the same faces!


Sweet Matthew is a 1st grader now! He's our only child left at St. Edward School, which goes from Pre-K to 3rd grade.


I admit that I had a lump in my throat after dropping everyone off yesterday. I rallied, though - went to Starbucks and got a cappucino, then came home and took a 2 hour nap!

I'm hoping to get some serious scrapbooking done while the kids are in school. I have a hard time finding a balance between the things I have to do (laundry, cooking a nice dinner, cleaning) and the things I want to do (scrapbooking). It doesn't help that I have the most ridiculous need for sleep - I could sleep 10 hours every night, with a nap every afternoon. Alas, this doesn't work very well with four kids, a house and a husband!

I did manage to get a layout done last weekend. I used a line of patterned paper from Echo Park called "Hello Summer". I love the bright, fun colors!


I adore this picture of the girls! Anna was only a few months old and Caroline was 3. We were living in the LSUMC residence hall, which was pretty old and nasty, but allowed me to be available to the girls 24/7. Gil was in medical school, so I had lots of one-on-one time with these two. Happy memories for sure!

Good luck to everyone with kids going back to school in the next couple of weeeks. I'm sending good vibes your way!






No comments: