Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hello Again!

Well, hello there! I can't believe that it's been two months since my last post. I've been a busy, busy girl during those two months. Getting the kids back into the school routine has been a lot tougher this year than in years past. My two boys are 9 and 6, and still need help with homework. I'm not kidding when I say that we do homework for hours every school night, Sundays included. Doesn't leave a lot of time for much else, but I do have a few things to share with you!

As 2012 draws to a close, I've been trying to get caught up on Project Life. I want to do another album in 2013, and I don't want to play catch up, so I've been printing pictures like a crazy woman! Here are the last couple of weeks.



I know these pictures aren't great - sorry! Can I say one more time how much I love this project?! What a gem this album will be in a few years, when I've forgotten so many of the little details of our days. These simple, everyday memories are my treasures! One day when the kids are grown and have lives of their own, I'll still have these photos and these stories to remind me of our time together. Project Life makes me happy!

I've been in the mood for Christmas for a couple weeks now. You know what that means! Christmas ornaments!!!


You can't tell, but these ornaments are about 3/4" thick. Each one has a front and back, with several layers on each side. The layers all have thick pop-dots in between, which gives fabulous dimension and a little bit of weight to the ornament. They feel surprisingly substantial for something made of paper!



The photos above show the front and back of Anna's ornament. Sometimes I put the year the photo was taken on the back. Sometimes I put a recent photo on the front and a baby picture on back. Just depends on my mood!



This year, I want to have a separate Christmas tree for all of my photo ornaments. I had a hard time getting them all on the tree last year. I'll let you know if I can convince Gil to haul two trees home!

My life has been hectic lately. I've been stressed. I worry about my 9 year old, who is very intelligent and also very ADD. Homework time has not been fun. There have been tears (mine and his!) and not much time for relaxing in the evenings and enjoying my family. Last night, my little Matthew made something for me that made my heart glad.


Isn't this the sweetest thing?! I am so very blessed!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy lives to stop by and catch up with me. My blog readers are the very best! :)

No comments: