Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving

In my last post, I shared a picture of a Thanksgiving banner that I found online. I loved how simple it looked, but when I read the instructions, I knew that it was more work than I had time for. I'm talking cutting letters out of felt by hand, ironing on some sort of fabric reinforcement, sewing around each letter . . . as cute as it was, I knew that it wasn't happening for me. So, I created a MUCH simpler version! Using my Silhouette Cameo (which is fantastic!), I chose a font I liked, then cut out the letters I needed in caps, using different colors of cardstock that made me think of Fall and Thanksgiving. Next, I hung twine across my mantel (secured on top with scotch tape) and clipped the letters on with mini clothespins.




Isn't it cute?! Arguably not as cute as the original, but it'll do! :)

3 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

What a super clever idea!! Love the turkey too!

Jeanne Pellerin said...

The turkey is new this year! Thanks for checking out my lil ole blog!

Jeanne Pellerin said...

The turkey is new this year! Thanks for checking out my lil ole blog!