Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Circles, Circles, Circles

Awhile back, I saw a picture on Pinterest of circles cut from cardstock, strung together, and hung vertically on a wall.


I fell in love with it! All those gorgeous colors, the repetition of the circles, the level of ease with which the project was created . . . *swoon* . . . I knew that I had to make one for myself! I decided to use my circle punches (these things are a staple in my studio - some are more than 10 years old and still work great) to punch out circles in three different sizes, layer them together, and string on colorful baker's twine to make a banner for a large wall in my studio.

Here is 1/2 of my circle punch collection. Every size from huge to tiny!


Anyhoo, here are some (it takes a lot) of the circles after I punched them all out and layered them together.


Aren't they pretty?! There is no rhyme or reason to the colors I chose. I just went through my cardstock stash and picked maybe 10 or 12 colors that appealed to me. Next, I used tape to attach the circles to a pre-measured length of baker's twine, then I put two tiny nails in wall, and strung them up!


I liked the way it looked, but thought it seemed kinda lonely, so I punched out a couple sets of smaller circles and made two mini banners to go along with it. Here is the final result!


Don't you love it??? Because I love it! I'm going to make another one like it for my boys' room using stars instead of circles, in colors to match their bedding. If Anna wants one, I'm going to make a heart banner for her room. Thanks to electric die cutting machines like the Silhouette Cameo, the possibilities are virtually endless. So cool! Oh, I didn't crop the clutter out of these photos. Maybe I should have, but this is pretty much how this side of my studio looks every day. This table houses my Cricut Expression, Grateful board, current Project Life album, and sweet Belle, our hedgie-girl.

So that's it for now. Hope you've been inspired to create something beautiful for yourself!