Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Elf on the Shelf

Last December, we were visited by the Elf on the Shelf for the first time. I can't tell you how much we enjoyed planning and executing Charlie's antics, and then observing Matt's reaction. It brought new excitement and life to our holiday. In short, it was a blast! We are gearing up for another round of elf mischief in just a few weeks, which inspired me to document last year's fun.

The page design is by Cathy Zielske (of course). I probably included too much text at the bottom. I also went a little crazy with the snowflake stickers. It just felt right in the moment! Sequins are all the rage right now, and I used a handful on the scalloped border and in the centers of the snowflakes. Pretty!


The Thickers and snowflake stickers are part of American Crafts' new "Peppermint Express" line. It's gorgeous and I can't wait to play with the patterned papers.

Catholic High's Homecoming dance was on Saturday night. Caroline's dress was my favorite so far. Here are a few pics of the fun.

Wasn't she beautiful? She's so much more put together than I was at that age. Or ever!


Gil was on call all weekend, but happened to be home in time for pictures. Yay!


Caroline and her date, Zach. I love how well they matched!


Now that Homecoming is over, I'm hoping for a quiet week, and maybe even extra time in the studio. We shall see!



No comments: