Tuesday, October 1, 2013

RFE 2013

Last Wednesday, I had the pleasure of participating in St. Edward School's Race for Education. The students are pledged money from friends and family for each lap that they walk/run around the school. It's as much a celebration as it is a fund raiser. There's music, Edward the Panda makes an appearance, some parents walk with their children, and some cheer from the sidelines. Mattie and I walked together for 11 laps, which totaled 2.5 miles. We held hands, we talked, he told jokes . . . it was a lot of fun! It's rare that he and I spend an hour just talking and having fun. Of course you know what's coming next. Here is my tribute to this year's Race for Education!



In my last post, I mentioned that I was going to affix these 8.5x11 layouts to 12x12 cardstock so that my albums would be consistent. Well, I've had a change of plan. I've decided to simply use 8.5x11 page protectors and put them right in with the larger layouts. There are no rules about this, so why not?!

Speaking of 8.5x11 layouts, I just counted how many pages I've completed in the last week. Are you ready for this? 7! 7 layouts done and ready to go into the kids' albums. That's more than I've made the entire year! There's something to this page size, I'm telling ya.

No comments: