Saturday, October 5, 2013

Third Time's A Charm

I love to scrapbook by season. When it's fall, I enjoy creating layouts using pictures from previous Halloweens and Thanksgivings. This week, while waiting for the first cool snap in a long time, I printed a few photos from Thanksgiving 2011. I put the page together, and I really liked it.


Then I realized that because I didn't include any journaling, there would be no record of why Jack had on a t-shirt that was way too big for him, or why Matt's shoes were on the wrong feet. So I went back to work.


Now there was plenty of journaling, and I liked it. I looked at the layout for a while, and decided that it would look amazing if I printed the journaling directly onto the vanilla cardstock instead of printing on a piece of white paper and sticking it on the page. I tried again, and when I was done, I knew that this was the one!


Isn't it so much better? So you see, I'm still learning. I'm not sure what that says about me, since I've been scrapbooking since 1999. But any time I can do something better than I did before, I'm a happy girl! Now how do I decide which layout should belong to which child? ;)

No comments: