Saturday, July 21, 2012

Family Cookbook

For a while now, I've wanted to make a scrapbook-style cookbook featuring favorite family recipes. I don't necessarily mean super-fancy gourmet things, just tried and true family favorites that we make over and over, both on busy weeknights as well as for holiday dinners. I plan to ask my parents, my brother and his wife, my sister and her husband, and my brother and sister-in-law for their absolute favorites. I will type them up and include them in the album. I guess I'm letting the cat out of the bag, but they will each be receiving a copy of this album as a Christmas gift in a few months!

Here is a shot of the cover. Keep in mind that this is a prototype, and quite possibly will undergo some tweaking before I'm done.


This is the first recipe that I've typed up, prepared and photographed. It won't be the first page of the album, because I will likely organize the recipes alphabetically.


The album is an 8X8 "storybook album" manufactured by Doodlebug Design, Inc. Doodlebug has been one of my favorite scrapbook supply manufacturers since the early days of the scrapbooking industry. This album is available here in several of Doodlebug's gorgeous, vibrant colors.


As I get more recipes typed and photographed, I'll be sure to share them with you. Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments: